Initial Career Yui
Her professional career began in March 2004 when, at the
recommendation of her juku instructors, she applied for an audition hosted by
Sony Music Japan. Despite the audition rule that a participant could only
perform two songs, Yui was allowed to sing three. She first sang "Why
Me" (a song later included in her debut Sony Records single), followed by
"It's Happy Line" and "I Know". The judges gave her the
maximum score. Because "I Know" was incomplete at the time, the judges
were able to get a glimpse of what would later be dubbed "Yui-go"
(YUI語?)",
or Yui-speak, nonsensical English hummed to a tune during her songwriting
process — an example of Yui-go can be found in the film Song of the Sun when
Yui is working on the song "Goodbye Days".
On December 24, 2004, she released her debut single,
"It's Happy Line", under the indie label Leaflet Records, coupled
with the track "I Know". The pressing was limited to only 2,000
copies in her home area.

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar